Staying at hostels and backpackers inn can be an experience by itself and has caught on in Asia in the recent decade. If you are a traveller at heart and social in nature, I bet you would enjoy this type of stay. For those who are wary about hostel stays, this post will tell you why you should stay in a hostel. By the end of this blog, I am sure your outlook towards hostels in Asia or in general will change.
So, if you are young and are travelling to Asia, these are the reasons why you should stay at a hostel.
- In Hotels you normally meet older type of crowd and families. If you are looking for fun and want to meet a younger crowd, hostels are way to go.
- If you are solo traveller and also young it’s almost like why would you not? You get to meet people so easily and especially if you are in smaller hostel.
- When people go out at night people a lot times tend to go out in groups and you will have company to enjoy the nightlife of the city you are in
- The kind of parties that can start in hostel can sometimes be nothing less than legendary.
- There is no cheaper way to travel other than free. Hostels are your best bet.
- If you like your privacy and would like to get a private room, you have the option. Even these private rooms are sometimes cheaper than local hotels
- If you are staying pretty much anywhere in Asia, you will find decent hostels or guesthouses with hot showers, decent beds and good security.
- There are some very high quality hostels around Asia especially in Bangkok.
- You often have locker spaces where you can lock up your valuables. Just carry your own lock to be on the safer side. Also remember to carry your own towel as rentals are not cheap.
- A lot times you can find hostels in PRIME areas of town. For example, if you are paying $25 a night for a bed the cheapest hotel around would be $50 a night in that area
- Also, since hostels are in prime locations, easy access to public transportation would be available. Hostel owners also help you by arranging your travel if you get chatty with them
- They are locals of town most of the time and will have info on everything.
- Owners are normally around so they care about what happens and your experience
- Basically anything you need help with in city apartment finding, visa help etc they got your back.
- Most of the hostels are pretty laid back and chilled out.
- People always talk to you. There is never a dull moment.